Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Coconut custard

This coconut custard is so easy to make and only has six ingredients. I also like that the ingredients are all whole, unprocessed real foods. This custard is dairy-free and gluten-free, but it's not vegan. It was comforting eaten warm, and refreshing when eaten chilled. The only tricky part about this dessert is filling your baking sheet with water, and not spilling it everywhere. 

Coconut custard
Bauman College recipe
3 eggs
1 can coconut milk (unsweetened)
1/4 c maple syrup
dash of cinnamon
1/8 tsp sea salt
1 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 350. Whisk all ingredients together. Pour into individual ramekins or a deep dish pie plate. Place ramekins or pie plate onto a baking sheet filled with water. Bake for 35-45 minutes. Garnish with edible flowers or raspberries.

Serves 12

2 comments:

Lisa said...

That looks sweet and delicious. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link your custard up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/04/sweets-for-saturday-11.html

Keena said...

This weekend, I'm adding this recipe to my menu! Now I'm gonna dig through your archives for the rest of the meal. xo