Thursday, August 25, 2011

Almond milk to rosemary crackers

Last week in class, we made almond milk. I was surprised at just how easy it was. I took home the leftover almond meal (what is left in the cheesecloth or nut milk bag after draining) and attempted my first gluten free cracker. I'm not sharing the recipe today, because I need to test it a few more times. It tasted good, but didn't have the right crackery crunch. Do any of you make your own crackers?

Until then, check out Sarah's video for making nut milk. It's so easy and can be made in a blender. If you're in a time crunch, blanch the nuts instead of soaking. I can't wait to make different nut milks at home. Oh and you can by cheesecloth or the nut milk bags at your local natural food store. Do any of you make your own already? If so, what's your favorite recipe?

And if you like your milk a little sweeter, drop a few dates and a dash of cinnamon into the blender to naturally sweeten your milk. Enjoy!

*Update: My grandfather is doing better at the moment. Thanks for you kind words and thoughts!

4 comments:

Da & Mer said...

Deliciosa receta! se ve fantástico!!
Saludos Da & Mer

Maria @ Scandi Foodie said...

I love making my own almond milk and it's true - it's so easy! The rosemary crackers sound just perfect too, I adore rosemary and my little rosemary bush in my kitchen garden is doing really well ;-)

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comments! The crackers had more of a flatbread consistency, so I need to keep testing the recipe. I'm sure that rosemary bush comes in handy, Maria :)

Mike said...

I remember when I first tried making almond milk. I soaked the almonds all night long then used a blender. It didn't turn out that great but I kept trying and eventually got it right.