Friday, February 17, 2012

Friday Favorites with Happyolks

Kelsey, the lady behind Happyolks, has a way with words. I get lost in her stories about life and time spent in the kitchen. I love her honest recipes like these beans or this curried bowl of goodness. Her videos are breathtaking as well. I can't wait to try her beet, seed, and blood orange cake.

So Kelsey, what's your favorite food?
Image courtesy of Happyolks
Kelsey: If I were a food, I'd be a beet. Earthy, feisty, sweet. Funky on the outside, bursting with life on the inside. Cut 'em open and be surprised. Love 'em or hate 'em, they (literally) know how to leave their mark. 

Thanks Kelsey! Have a great weekend, everyone!

8 comments:

Jana said...

I love your Friday favourites:-))) happy weekend from tulipland!

taye said...

ohhh I hadn't heard of this blog before... thanks!

Kasey said...

I love this girl! I really want to try her beet cake.

Courtney J said...

Love your blog :) Fantastic recipes and wonderful photography. Looking forward to visiting your blog often in the future. Have a nice day! :)

Kat said...

It seems like beets are sometimes underappreciated. I love beets. Thanks for a great link!

Laura said...

This feature is hard to "beet" har har. But seriously! This is great.

Unknown said...

She is amazing. Thanks for all your comments :)

Unknown said...

I love her! She is so endearing :)