Sunday, January 24, 2010

My first tofu dish

This isn't my first time eating tofu, but my first experience making tofu at home. Some vegetarians (and vegans) live on tofu, but I don't eat a lot of it. I order it at thai restaurants or add it to my salad at Whole Foods occasionally.

I made the orange ginger tofu dish from Terry Walter's Clean Food. I marinated the tofu overnight Thursday and enjoyed it for lunch Friday with brown rice, steamed sugar snap peas and roasted broccoli*. The marinade was rich in orange and ginger flavors making the tofu a little sweet and a tad tart from the orange juice and red onions. The flavor was perfect. Both the roommate and I thought it was delicious.



*Beautiful table setting, roasted broccoli, and brown rice courtesy of the roommate, Ryan.

1 comment:

Concerned Commune Member said...

Ooh, what was in the marinade? That sounds like it would be great on some salmon.