Sunday, April 25, 2010

Flageolots with chard and goat cheese

I cooked the rest of my Rancho Gordo flageolot beans this weekend. I soaked them all afternoon Saturday, and then cooked them for about an hour with a strip of wakame. I ate some for dinner and whipped up a white bean dip on Sunday afternoon to enjoy as a snack with carrots.

Saturday night's dinner:
Sauteed onion, strips of swiss chard, and garlic in olive oil for about five minutes. Added white beans, dash of sea salt and pepper for another few minutes. Removed from heat, drizzled a tsp or two of balsamic vinegar, and topped with goat cheese. I also sprinkled with roasted asparagus.

A delicious, mostly local, meal made in minutes (since the beans were cooked). I'll be enjoying this for dinner again tonight. Maybe dark chocolate and strawberries for dessert too.

No comments: