Thursday, June 3, 2010

White bean spread

I take for granted that I live a little over 2 hours from the beach. My friend, Critter, and I decided to go to the beach for the day on Sunday. Naturally, I started thinking about what food to bring. I had fresh bread, cherries, snow peas, carrots, and potato salad. I decided to make this white bean spread, so we could enjoy a veggie sandwich for lunch.

White bean spread
1 c white beans, cooked
2 tbsp rosemary
1 tbsp thyme
4 tbsp cashews, finely chopped
2 tbsp walnut oil
juice of one lemon

Put the beans, rosemary, thyme, cashews, and lemon juice in the blender. Blend and drizzle in the walnut oil a little at a time.

Enjoy on sandwiches with avocado and cucumber or as a snack with raw veggies (like these snow peas, carrots, cucumbers, or celery).

2 comments:

jenious said...

I'm liking the summery ease of this recipe. Happy beach days!

Shaheen said...

I made a butter bean spread quite recently. I am liking the flavours that you have used.