Monday, April 4, 2011

Happy April!

April is one of my favorite months. Not only is it my birthday month, but it's also kicks off when most of the NC farmers markets officially open! Herbs, asparagus, greens, pea shoots and radishes finally appear and everyone's itching to be outside to enjoy the much anticipated arrival of warmer weather.

Last week I got my first bunch of local asparagus, and I couldn't have been happier. I sauteed it in olive oil and ate the rest in a galette with kale and caramelized onions Friday night. I'm so excited to cook with more Spring vegetables and fruits.

The weather this weekend was amazing in Raleigh after a chilly, rainy week. We walked to dinner on Saturday night, and I enjoyed a long run around the Lake yesterday. How did you enjoy the warmer weather this weekend!?

5 comments:

Sally Mae said...

April is my favorite month too! And also my birthday month:) I went for a lovely long walk with my favorite pooch this weekend! Now, if the snow would melt here in WI I would be so happy.

Adrienne said...

We had two lovely days here in Boston as well ~ though I imagine not quite as warm as yours! Just the sun shining, and most of the snow melting and the beginnings of green things growing gives one hope! We grilled out (yum!) and spent an early evening out with friends to celebrate a birthday!

Laken said...

Just found your blog and it's already one of my favorites!
Your lake run sounds lovely. And I spent my weekend at a wedding :)

Unknown said...

Hey A! Your blog has really gained in popularity....It looks great too. Thanks for being you....love ya, mama

Unknown said...

Thanks everyone for sharing your weekends with me!

Thanks mom :)