Friday, April 13, 2012

Friday Favorites with Naturally Ella

This Friday we're talking with  Erin of the blog, Naturally Ella. Erin is passionate about seasonal, local produce and creates vegetarian meals with her CSA ingredients. She recently added a section to the blog that illustrates that eating seasonally is easy. I can't wait to try her breakfast tacos with kale-cilantro chimichurri or her roasted carrot spring rolls. Watching her ravioli video inspired me to make my homemade ravioli stuffed with kale pesto that very night. Follow along with Erin as she's also a member of The Food Matters Project and make she to read her new what I'm craving series here.

Erin, what's your favorite food?
Erin: I have a slight (read major) love of chickpeas. I use them for everything: snacking, salad topping (or salads themselves), hummus, tacos, loaded potatoes, stir fry, soup thickener and I'm evening learning to sprout them. I buy them dried, cook them up every weekend and toss them in at least one meal a day! 

Thanks Erin! 

Speaking of CSAs, we went to a cocktail kickoff for our CSA last night to get a tour of the farm and meet other members. It was great and I scored some leeks. Yes! Can't wait to cook those guys up in soup or maybe just by themselves. 
Have a great weekend, everyone! 

6 comments:

Carrie | acookgrowsinbrooklyn said...

Whatever the cooking question, chickpeas are the answer. What can I stock my pantry with that's healthy, cheap, tasty, versatile and always available?
Dried chickpeas. Always enjoy seeing chickpea love.

Kris said...

I agree, chickpeas are always the answer. From hummus to dessert, they always save the day.

Jana said...

I adore chickpeas too...in Bulgaria where I come from we add them grilles as snack (instead of grilled almonds or other nuts)...simply heaven:-)hapy weekend and thanks for your lovely blog!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Chris said...

thought i'd share this from this weekend. awesome recipe.

http://naturallyella.com/2010/05/04/avocado-and-chickpea-salad/

Mike said...

Chickpeas and cashews are my favorite.