Monday, January 18, 2010

My amazing friend, Simon.

You might remember my friend Simon from this post. He's an amazing photographer from NYC. He did a cross country road trip, solo I might add, late summer.

Simon and I studied abroad in London in the Spring of 2005. We lived at Ralph West Hall in Battersea with a lot of other students. There were only four Americans, including us. We bonded on our daily commutes on bus 344 to Elephant and Castle for our classes at the London College of Communication. We spent weekends at Spitalfield and Portobello markets, evenings at the pubs, and nights dancing in the heart of London.

We've seen each other twice since then. Once at a Renassiance Festival in Maryland for his friend Jonah's birthday and last summer on Simon's first stop of his cross country tour.

Simon left for Haiti two days ago and has been tweeting about his experience so far. I wanted to let him know that I'm thinking about him and am so very proud to call him my friend.

Yes, Simon you are doing some good.

No comments: