Monday, May 31, 2010

Quick pickles

I picked up my first cucumbers of the season. I've been enjoying them immensely eaten raw or sandwiched between bread with goat cheese. I decided to make pickles too.

Quick pickles
Fill glass jar with cucumber slices, red onion slices, coriander seeds, half apple cider vinegar and the other half water. Add a dash of honey to cut the vinegar. Refrigerate overnight and enjoy. These pickles are a great addition to veggie sandwiches, wraps, or salads.

Curious what coriander is? Coriander is actually the seed of cilantro. It has been labelled anti-diabetic and anti-inflammatory, and thought to lower cholesterol. Why not mix a little of this spice into your curries, stirfries, and salad dressings?

Source: whfoods.org

1 comment:

Merissa Revestir said...

Love pickles! And I really like this tidbit of information about coriander, I'm adding it to my food :)