Saturday, July 25, 2009

Food Diary: Day Seven




DAY SEVEN
Breakfast (7:30 am): iced chai tea.
Snack (10:30 am): Enjoyed a lemon bar at the farmer's market
Mood: I had to get up early to meet my parents' to switch cars, so I grabbed a chai to keep me awake to drive. I was starving by the time I got to the farmer's market, but the raw-gluten free-dairy free lemon bar was delectable.
Lunch (2:30 pm): Cucumber & tomato salad with vinegar, basil, olive oil and carrots dipped in baba ganoush.
Mood: I wasn't very hungry for lunch. Not sure if it was the heat or the late breakfast.
Dinner (7:15 pm): Roasted beets with goat cheese wrapped in sorrel leaves, sauteed mushrooms, cucumber slices, fresh bean salad and a slice of baguette. 
Mood: Felt good to cook for two people, after having a long week to myself. We enjoyed a nice dinner with local, organic, seasonal produce that I bought that very morning.

No comments: